To assemble orders of fresh produce in coordination with customer requirements and load vehicles ready for departure.
• Assemble customers’ orders following written or oral instruction
• Load vehicles and assist drivers prior to departure
• Up to date knowledge of all products
• Ability to document and record appropriate information when required – in coming goods, shortages, quality.
• Consistent awareness of quality of produce.
• Ability to work to schedule and deadline.
• Keeping store and outside areas clean and tidy in accordance with company.
• Assist with the daily stock take in the stores.
• Pack produce correctly to requirements and load vehicle in correct manner.
Additional Skills/ Duties:
• Use of weighing scales
• Ability to work with team or independently to achieve a result
• Ability to prioritise work and work on own initiative
• Knowledge and awareness of Company Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Use of both palette and forklift truck
• Good knowledge of produce
• Adherence to food hygiene regulations
• Previous experience working in a team environment
• Proven ability to prioritise own work and work on initiative
• Physically able as the position involves – lifting, climbing, stooping, walking, handling materials
• Good knowledge and understanding of English Language
• Numeric skills
• History of honesty in other posts
• Previous Warehouse experience
• Knowledge of health and Safety, including COSHH
• Food Hygiene awareness or knowledge
• Previous use of forklift truck and/or palette truck
Hours of Work
1st week Monday to Thursday 16:30 to 01:00am. Friday 17:00pm to 01:30. Off every Saturday
then 16:30-01:00am on Sundays
2nd week: Off Mondays.
Tuesday – Thursday 16:30 - 01:00am and 17:00-01:30 On Fridays
We request that candidates only apply for this position if you can fully commit to the advertised working hours. Applicants must be prepared to work in various temperature zone
In return, you will receive
• Company pension
• Life assurance
• 30 days Annual leave
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date : 31/11/2017